Makeup Fashion Style

Monday, November 06, 2006

Fix Dry, Cracked Lips

Winter is getting closer. The temperatures are dropping and the winds are getting stronger. These lower temperatures and stronger winds also bring dry skin and lips. Since I come from the "Windy City," the blustery cold and wind is especially taxing on my face and lips. There is nothing worse than getting dried, cracked lips. It's painful, and let's face it, it doesn't look good either. So what to do?

1. First, lips need to be moisturized. They are just like any other part of your body; it the aren't moisturized they will be dry. Never leave the house without some kind of lip balm on you. I kid you not when I say that I have a tube on my coffee table, on my computer desk, on my night stand, a few in my bathroom, a few in my purse, in my school bag, in my laptop bag, in my car, and even in my boyfriend's car. I cannot stand to be with out it. Call me an addict, I won't deny it. Some people forget to apply lip balm throughout the day because they are more concerned with keeping their lip gloss fresh. You have to put the balm on first and then put the gloss on top. Some of my favorite lip balms Blistex Lip Medex, Lip Moisturizer, C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Balm Stick, and Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm.

2. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! You exfoliate your face about once a week, don't you? You know that you need to get rid of the dry, dead skin cells to let the new ones shine through. The same goes for your lips. The old school way to exfoliate was to take a toothbrush, put a little Vaseline on it, and gently rub it on your lips. Thankfully, many cosmetics companies have come to the rescue and have created ready to go exfoliators. Philosophy kiss me exfoliating lip cream comes in a tube and is similar to a lip gloss, but it's filled with exfoliating particles. Simply put some on your lips, rubs your lips together and feel the exfoliators going to work, and then wipe it off. So simple, but it feels great. $15. Philosophy crisis intervention aging, dry wrinkled lips is a duo featuring kiss me exfoliating lip scrub and facial (.5 oz./14.2 g)
kiss me red very emollient lip balm (.5 oz./14.2 g). Just a note, the shade of red is not as red as it appears in the tube. It is actually a very nice, subtle shade. I know a lot of people shy away from red because they are afraid the color will be too much. Not the case with this shade. $22.



3. Take advantage of your time asleep. When my lips are especially dry, I lather them up with some type of lip balm at night. I usually stick with Blistex Lip Medex, but sometimes I use good old Vaseline. Vaseline has many uses, but let's face it, it can be messy and unattractive. What are the odds that you're going to be comfortable enough to walk around with a ring of Vasline around your lips? Not likely. That's why you do it at night when you go to bed! Then you don't have to worry about how strange you may look.

Hope this info helps.

1 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Philosophy exfoliatory. Highly recommend it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home