Makeup Fashion Style

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Laura Geller Balance-N-Bronze


Although Laura Geller has been around for quite awhile, and her products seem to pop up everywhere, I have never tried her products. I am kicking myself now! A few months ago, my Mom purchased a kit of hers and fell in love with it and told me to try it. Typical procrastenator that I am, I never got around to it. Then while channel surfing about a week or so ago, I saw Laura Geller herself giving some tips and showing her products. I was more than intrigued with her Balance - N - Bronze (Balance & Bronze), so I ran out and picked it up. OH...MY...GOD!!! How have I lived without this for so long?!?! This product combines her Balance - N - Brighten (Balance & Brighten) and Bronze - N - Brighten (Bronze & Brighten) in one convenient compact. Use the "balance" side to balance out your skin and even your skin tone. Let me just tell you, this is replacing foundation for me! It feels so light and airy, like I am wearing nothing, but still is able to make my skin look flawless. I could not believe my eyes. One quick layer of this lighter than air powder and I look like I walked out of a magazine shoot. But the fun does not stop there! Then use the "bronze" side to give your skin a nice sun-kissed glow. Everyone needs the help of a bronzer in the winter. The problem is that some bronzers are so noticably fake that it makes you look like an Oompa-Loompa. My skin looked so natural with this product, I am still in disbelief. In all honesty, my skin looked so great that I didn't even need to add any blush. The fact that this product is made up of many shades that perfectly compliment each other makes this a product that will work well on any skin tone. I speak from experience. My skin tone is some what medium while my sister is increadibly fair. We have both tried this product out and it is perfect for both of us. This product is a steal at $28, especially considering that you can easily pay double that in order to get a separate bronzer and a seperate foundation.

Sephora.com is offering a special Laura Geller kit for the holidays. Laura Geller Baked Beauties Collection ($100 Value) Baked Beauties Collection contains my new favorite product, Balance - N - Bronze (Balance & Bronze), as well as Blush 'n' Brighten in Golden Apricot (bronze, gold, and rose); Baked Eye Shadow in Unearthed (bronze, chocolate, and champagne); plus a Creamy Mascara in Black, Lipstick in Peach Melba (bronzed rosy peach), and a 1 oz Spackle foundation primer mini in a clear, zippered travel bag. With the exception of the Spackle, all of these products are full sized! Great deal. Only $55.

On more thing while we're talking about Laura Geller. My Mom originally tried her products because of the Laura Geller Spackle. This is what Laura Geller is known for. This under make-up primer smooths out your skin and fills in the lines and wrinkles. Since I'm still in my mid-20s, I'm fortunate enough not to have to worry about wrinkles yet (and believe me, I'm taking every step to keep that up!), but I must say that this primer is great for other reasons as well. It really keeps my make-up in place. For people with really oily skin, give this a try. It acts like a barrier between your skin and your make-up. And for people looking to hide fine lines and wrinkles, my Mom gives her seal of approval on this one! Only $21.50. Her line also contains eye and lip spackle. Ideal for people who have trouble keeping eye shadow from creasing.

Check back in the coming weeks, because I just ordered a few other Laura Geller products including lip gloss and eye shadow. Supposedly, her Lip Stay lip glosses stay on forever! And her eye shadow is available is some of the coolest colors I have ever seen. Believe me, I will try this products as soon as I get them and will share my experience with everyone!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thx for the review. I'm going to give the balance and bronze a try. I hate wearing foundations because they feel heavy. Maybe this is just what I need.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home