Makeup Fashion Style

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Free Almay Mascara At Walgreens

Sorry for the lack of posts as well as the lack of response to comments and emails. I have been dealing with a cold that will just not go away. Top that with a coming and going sinus problem that is aggravated by the crazy weather we're having in Chicago right now (really cold to really warm - sunny to rainy and dreary). Truth be told, I've been spending more time at Walgreens and CVS these days than at Sephora and Macy's. However, had I not been sick, I may not have found out about the FREE Almay mascara deal from Walgreens.

For those of you who are not drugstore shoppers (I have just started couponing and as such have just become a drugstore shopper), Walgreens has a rebate book each month. It is a little catalog looking book that is available at the front of the store with the sales ads. Usually, there are one or two items that are free each month after rebate. This month, Almay mascara is completely free after rebate.

This week, Almay Cosmetics are buy one, get one free. So, if at least one of the products that you purchase is the mascara, you can send in for the rebate and get both of them for free. What's even better...if you have an Almay coupon you can turn it into a money maker. I was fortunate enough to have 2 $2 off any Almay product. So I spent $2.99 upfront for 2 Almay mascaras and will receive a rebate of $6.99. Pretty nice, huh?


I'm sure you're wondering why I would want Almay mascara when I would never be able to let go of my Dior and Tarte mascaras. Well, usually I would keep one of these free Almay mascaras in my car, just to have on hand (sorry, but I can't leave such expensive mascaras to just sit in my car knowing that I won't use it that often), but with Christmas quickly approaching, I plan on making up gift baskets for local women's shelters. Like I said before, in the past month or so I have jumped onto the couponing wave (you know, those stories you see on the news more and more often now that the economy is so bad about people who use coupons to get free stuff...yeah, that's me!), I have gotten sooooooooo many health and beauty products for free or just pennies on the dollar. So I plan to make up gift baskets with body washes, lotions, toothpaste, deoderant, make-up, etc. and pass them out to the women in the shelters. It's not much, but it's practical and I'm sure that many women in these shelters would think twice before purchasing some of these more "luxurious" items.


The buy one, get one free Almay deal is only available this week (through Saturday), but the rebate program continues through the month.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home