Makeup Fashion Style

Friday, November 10, 2006

Airplane Approve Products

It's time for the 311. No, I'm not talking about Chicago's non-emergency line. The 311 is being used to refer to the new restrictions of liquids and gels onto airplanes. Since many people will be traveling over Thanksgiving and Christmas, I thought this would be a good time to highlight what you can and can't take on your carry on. God knows that I would not want my full size beauty products thrown into the garbage...I'd probably start crying right there in the airport. 311 breaks down like this: 3 oz. or less products, in a 1 quart bag, and you can only have 1 bag. Yes, I know that sounds like a small amount of space, but if you pack and choose your products wisely, you'll be all good. If you can't fit everything into these requirements, you can always pack the items on your checked bags. This restriction is only applicable to your carry-on bags. Also, remember to clean out your purse before you go to the airport. All of those tubes of lip gloss, bottles of hand lotion, and small bottles of perfume need to be placed in the baggie too. The good thing is that there are plenty of health and beauty products that come in the right size and packaging for your trip.

CARGO Cosmetics had a jump on travel products long before any restrictions were imposed. They are truly a frequent flier's best friend. CARGO DailyGloss™ 2, CARGO ColorCards™ ColorCards, and CARGO GlossBox™ GlossBox are three of their best on the go products. All three feature individually packed, one time use products. Get the perfect amount of lip gloss or eye shadow in each piece. What I love about these one time use products is the fact that you don't have to re-pack them for your trip home. Use it and then toss the package. How easy is that. And since these products are from Cargo, you can count on high quality, long lasting make-up in the perfect shades.












If you're someone who is constantly worried about your manicure then these ModelCo Liquid Buds - Nail Polish Remover 36 Buds are perfect for you. Now, I personally am not a fan of nail polish. It's the one beauty product that I never got into, but one of my friend's is absolutely obsessed with her nails. She changes the color of her polish at least once, but sometimes twice a week. She swears by this product and carries a few swabs around with her where ever she goes. I would think these would be great for travel, not only to satisfy the 311 rule, but also to get rid of fears of a bottle of nail polish remover breaking and spilling all over your stuff. Not to mention how horrible the smell would be if that happened.




I think this next product is a must have on red-eye flights or long flights where you might take a nap. Bare Escentuals On The Spot is another swab product, but this one is filled with perfect size amounts of eye make-up remover. You'll obviously need this type of product for your trip, but I say it's great to have on certain types of plane rides because everyone knows that sometimes when you take a cat nap your eye make-up runs or smears. Even though you may have been traveling for 10 hours doesn't mean you have to look like it.



Another product that will help you look fresh after a day of traveling is Boscia Fresh Blotting Linens Original - 100 Sheets. Just blot these sheets over your face to get rid of any oil and shine that has accumulated. You feel so much better when your face feels fresh and clean.



What about shampoos and conditioners? I usually save all of the free samples that I recieve in the mail and in magazines and take those with me whenever I travel. Many companies have even been sending products like gel, mousse, and hair spray. Stock up and save them for your trips.

For your must have products that you just can't live without that do not come in convenient travel size containers, I've got a few suggestions. First, save smaller bottles and refill them. Every Christmas I get at least one gift package from Bath & Body Works that consists of the small try me sized products. I keep those in my purse for everyday use and when I run out, I simply refill them using my full size products. If you don't want to go through the hassle of cleaning these bottles out, especially if you want to fill them with a different product you can find affordable travel cases at many stores. I can't find any pictures of them to post right now, but you know what I'm talking about...a bunch of small bottles and tubes that you can fill up with whatever you want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home