Makeup Fashion Style

Friday, January 25, 2008

Bobbi Brown Pink Raspberry Spring Collection


Bobbi Brown Cosmetics is quickly becoming my favorite make-up line. After a rough couple of years there the line has come back bigger and stronger than ever. They had a huge job trying to top their winter palettes and I think they have succeeded. Introducing Bobbi Brown's Pink Raspberry Collection. The name says it all; this collection is packed full of various shades of pinks and berrys. It's out of this world. There is literally not one product that I do not want from this collection.

The first piece that I picked up was the Lip Crayon is Pink Raspberry. Wear it alone, as a lip liner, topped of with lipstick or a gloss...it's great any way. The best part, beside the color, is its staying power. The color lasted on me for at least a half a day without needing any touch up. When I touched up with a little gloss it was like the lip crayon color was re-invigorated. The Lip Crayon is also available in Wild Raspberry.

Next on the list, Glitter Lip Gloss in Pink Raspberry. I've worn this one alone and over the Pink Raspberry Lip Crayon. It is packed full of shimmer and is absolutely amazing. I cannot wait for the snow in Chicago to end so that I can go out in Spring clothes with this great Spring gloss.

Of course I had to pick up the Pink Raspberry Face Palette. Every shade in this palette is only available in the palette. Shades include Navajo and Fog Eye Shadows; Pink Raspberry Blush; and Raspberry and Blue Raspberry Lip Sheers. Trust me when I say that these colors will work on almost every complexion and skin tone out there. I am loving the lip sheers so much so that I wish they were available in the Lip Sheer line. The eye shadows are great too because it allows for a soft smokey eye for the Spring. Paired with the pinks in the blush and the lip sheers, you can make your eyes the focus of your face while the rest of your face color is more subtle. If there's one thing I hate it's when girls have a heavy smokey eye and heavy face color and heavy lip color. Everyone knows that you should highlight one area and let the other areas act as a supporting cast.

The last thing I've gotten (so far) is the Pot Rouge For Lips And Cheeks in Pink Raspberry. It also comes in Raspberry, but I picked the Pink Raspberry because it is more complimenting for girls with lighter hair and/or light to medium skin tones. Being a blonde with a medium skin tone the Pink Raspberry was gorgeous on me, but I will say that the Raspberry wasn't that bad either. I guess it depends on the look you're going for. Lately I've been trying to have a more natural looking face. This shade is perfect for that and when worn as a lip color it gives such a beautiful hint of color. I think this is going to be one piece that I may have to stock up on.

This collection is already available both online and in stores. You better hurry though! Bobbi Brown collections are usually extremely popular and pieces tend to start selling out fast. Some department stores sold out of the winter palettes in less than a week!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The palette is a must have. Every product in it is great.

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just got the palete and the lip pencil crayon thing. Love them both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home