Makeup Fashion Style

Monday, March 17, 2008

Pink Satin Collection By Bobbi Brown

So let me just tell you how sad I am. This weekend, I received an email from BobbiBrown.com announcing their new Pink Satin Collection. Was I see the picture correctly? Is that a METALLIC PALETTE??? Yes it is!!! I quickly clicked the link, eager to purchase it. Lo and behold, it's only available if you plop down $140 and but the whole collection. The whole Pink Satin Collection includes the "Metallic Palette featuring three of Bobbi's latest velvety, shimmering shadows (only available in this set). Lip Gloss Palette with three shimmer and high-shine shades (only available in this set). Mini Brush and Palette Case crafted in black nylon that holds the entire set and includes three mini brushes: Blush, Eye Shadow, and Lip Brush."

The eyeshadow shades are Navajo, Hot Stone, and Pink Ice. All of them are gorgeous. The lip glosses include Spring, Posey, and Pastel. All of these shades screem Spring. I want them soooooo bad. My problem is that I refuse to spend $140 on this collection. Looking back to last Fall, the metallic palettes available then were priced at $45. So, if both of the palettes available in the new Pink Satin Collection were priced the same, that would obviously be $90 for the two. I absolutely refuse to spend another $50 on three mini brushes and a small case, especially when Lord knows I have more than enough brushes to last me a lifetime. I am going to have to make myself stay away from every Bobbi Brown counter so that I won't try these lovelies and fall even more in love with them. My only hope is that others will be just as upset as I am and will put their foot down and thus leave a stockpile of unsold products that will eventually be sold at a great discount at the Cosmetic Company Store at the outlet mall!

Bobbi Brown, I'm so disappointed! You're brand has finally started to come around again; you established quite a following with last seasons Metallic Palettes and now you're just teasing us. Please, please, please, release more Metallic Palettes and make them available by themselves!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Those palettes are gorgeous! I agree though about the $140. Too much for stuff I don't need. I hope BB starts offering these palettes on their own.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home