Makeup Fashion Style

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Bare Escentuals Now At Target

I ran to Target this weekend to pick up a birthday card. Imagine my suprise as I ran through the store when out of the corner of my eye I noticed Bare Escentuals Beyond Basics kits on the end cap of one of the beauty aisles. I don't know if this is a sign of things to come. As of right now, that is the only product Target has from Bare Escentuals. It will be interesting to see if this leads to more BE kits and eventually individual products or not.

I'm on the fence with this new marketing approach. While I am a huge fan of BE, I do not expect to find it in Target stores. It's not a drugstore brand and as such does not have a drugstore brand price tag. I would think that some Target make-up shoppers would be turned off by the higer prices of BE. After all, if they wanted to spend more money on make-up, they would be shopping at places like Sephora or Ulta. On the other hand, I'm sure that smaller towns and rural areas don't have the luxury of having Sephoras or Ultas. I guess time will tell whether or not this new campaign works. What do you guys think?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home