Makeup Fashion Style

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Getting Gum Out Of Jeans

Sometime last month while I was in the library at school I sat on somebody's used chewing gum. This person didn't even try to hide his/her nasty gum underneath the chair; no, he/she put it right on the seat of the chair. No, I'm not in Kindergarten. You would think that at the grad school level one would be able to find a garbage can to throw used gum out. To make this even worse, the chairs in the library have fabric on them, so the heat between my butt and the chair practically melted the gum into my jeans. So I had to sit through a two hour class and drive all of the way home with "gum ass." Since then I have been trying to pick the gum out of my jeans. It never fails that you always wear something new when things like this happen! I've had little luck removing the gum.

Yesterday I was reading the newspaper and there was actually a tip for getting gum out of fabrics. I figured what the hell, I'd give it a go. Simply take a can of compressed air (compressed gas duster), spray it directly on the gum, the air will freeze it, and then pick the gum off. Lo and behold, it actually worked! I can't tell you how happy I am. I'm sure almost everyone has had some kind of mishap with gum, so hopefully this tip will help you out. It's been a long time since I've had gum in my hair, but I wonder if this tip will work for that too?

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen this tip before and have always wanted to test it out. Of course now that I know how to get gum out of my clothes it hasn't happened. Glad to see it worked for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home