Makeup Fashion Style

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Bra-llelujah!!!

I'm watching The Rachael Ray Show at the moment and they are doing an interesting segment on bras. Every now and then they have a Human Lab segment where they do tests of different products. Today the products were bras. They featured 3 bras, including the brand spanking new Spanx bra. Let me just tell you, I was blown away by the results of all three of the featured bras and am quickly placing my order.

First up, the Chic Shaper. This isn't exactly a bra, it's more of a bra accessory that you wear in addition to any one of your favorite bras. It promises to lift your chest up to creat cleavage while at the same time improving your posture. The woman who tried this one on was rather flat chested and I must say it did give her cleavage. She also noted that she could feel that her posture was better, but that it wasn't an uncomfortable contraption. I'm not lacking in the cleavage department, but I think everyone could use some help with posture. There's just something about a woman who has great posture. You'll seem more confident and comfortable in what you're wearing and in turn it will make you look fabulous. Although, I'm not lacking in the cleavage department, I will say that this product would probably be a great pair up with a favorite bra that just doesn't enhance your cleavage as much as other bras may. I am a Victoria's Secret addict and have tons of different bras in different cuts, styles, shapes, etc. Obviously, some of them are better at creating cleavage than others. But it never seems to fail that your favorite bra is the one that doesn't create va-va-va-voom cleavage! Maybe this will change that.

Next up, something that I've been looking forward to for a long time. From the lovely people at Spanx, Bra-llelujah! Front-Close Underwire Bra! Spanx creator Sarah Blakely took five years to develop this amazing bra. It promises to make back fat disappear. The woman who tried this bra on in the Human Lab was a size 36D (Let me just say, it is so nice to see that large chested women were used in this experiment. Too often I find that girls with size A cups are used for things like this. No offense to girls with smaller chests, but when you have the luxury of being able to go bra-less when necessary, it's safe to assume that you don't have problems with the weight of your chest pulling a bra down into your skin; nor do you have to deal with then trying to pull the straps out of your skin and constantly re-adjust. That's just my opinion.) and once she put this baby on, NO MORE BACK FAT!!! It was unbelievable. This front closure bra looked so smooth on her back, it almost looked like she didn't have a bra on. Looking at the front side, it lifted this woman's chest and offered full coverage. A little research shows that this bra is made of a unique hosiery fabric that allows it to adhere to your body like a second skin. I ordered this one off of BareNecessities.com just before I wrote this post. I'll definately post an update once I get this bra in my hands.

Lastly, we have the Breakthrough Backless Underwire Bra by Maidenform. Never in my life have I been able to wear a backless outfit. Although they've always had the boob tape or those little pastey things to wear with a backless dress, as a 36-38D, I also have the problem of saggage. The thought of my boobs swinging around in the front, just so that I could show off my back was obviously never a possibility for me. Those days may be over. This new bra is essentially a bra without the back strap. So you "hook" the straps over your arms and adjust them to be as tight as you need them to be to give you the support you need in the front. The woman who tried this bra on was a 34D and she looked fabulous. She talked about how she too has been unable to wear backless dresses, in particular on her wedding day, because of the lack of support. With this bra on, she definately had support. I don't have any plans for a backless outfit as of yet, but with the warm weather approaching, I will be on the lookout for a backless outfit. When I do, I will definately be picking this bra up. If you're interested in this bra, BareNecessities.com currently has it available at 20% off making it $25.60. Well worth it if you ask me.

A final note about bras, I think that one of the worst things that all women do with bras is keep them too long. I am totally guilty of this! Come on, they're broken in and comfortable, of course I want to keep them. The problem is that many of the times these bras have lost their elasticity and as such have lost their support and coverage. Just something to think about.

Bare Necessities

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the backless bra and lurve it! Its a must have for backless dresses. I'm top heavy as well and will say it gives a lot of support. I would recommend it.

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the spanx bra this weekend. It feels so nice and totally blends right into your back. No back fat, no digging, plus is gives you lots of support. I own a ton of spanx and have yet to find a piece that I don't love.

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second all that has been said about the spanx bra. It is a must have if you are well endowed and if you have any back fat. Even if you have just a little. It makes you so smooth. I'm not self conscious to wear tighter fitting tops anymore. The front closure is nice too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home