Makeup Fashion Style

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Bobbi Brown Nude Eye & Lip Palette

I waited awhile before posting this review. When I first saw Bobbi Brown's Nude Eye & Lip Palette it was love at first sight. But a quick Google on the subject found a mix of reviews. Many beauty bloggers posted that they were "unimpressed" by the new palette. One noted that Bobbi Brown's "number might be up." Many thought that the four shades of eye shadows were too close in hues and therefore didn't give them much of an ability to create new looks. On the other hand, there were bloggers who thought this was one of Bobbi's "best palettes yet" and went on and on about the shades in both the shadows and the glosses. Because of the various rift in the beauty world, I thought it was best to wait until I had my hands on this controversial palette to give a proper review.

I was so excited when the UPS man rang the doorbell and left the Bobbi Brown box on my doorstep. I quickly ripped the the box open, pushed everything aside, and pulled out the new palette. When I opened the palette, I quickly saw what had turned off so many bloggers. The glosses definately cannot be judged by looks alone. In particular, 2 of the 4 glosses appear to be rather dark with bright reddish tones. However, when you apply the glosses they quickly transform into beautiful nudish shades. And let me just tell you, they are true nudish shades. What a lot of people sometimes forget is that nudes are supposed to be somewhat pink. They are supposed to be comparable to the natural colors of our lips. And these glosses do! I absolutely LOVE them! I've actually received compliments from about 10 different women asking me where I found such a beautiful true to nature shade.

Turning to the eyeshadows, a common complaint I found was the fact that the hues were too light on some people's skintones. One of the great things about any cosmetic item from Bobbi Brown is that it is made to be layered. She creates such great sheer products to allow us to build them up to the achieve the shades that we want. When you use a nude shade, obviously it's going to be fairly light. If you want it a little darker, simply sweep it on again. The layering power with this particular palette is awesome. All 4 of these shades can even be used as a base shade and then layered with other shadows if you're looking to create a look other than the natural look. And, being as this is a Bobbi Brown product, the texture of these shadows can't be beat. They are so soft and almost feel cream like. The shimmer sheers, as usual, create the perfect hint of shimmer. The matte shadows also are to die for.

So, to sum it up, I personally love this product! Although I wouldn't rank it above the Burnt Sugar Palette, I would say this is a close second in the recent Bobbi Brown Palettes. If you're not sure about this one, please, don't judge a book by it's cover. Go to the Bobbi Brown counter and check it out. Try it on and see what you think. Trust me, you won't believe how much better the glosses are on as opposed to in the palette. Anyone else have this, feel free to post comments telling us what you think...even if you don't like it. As usual, this palette is a limited edition. You know what that means.

I also bought 2 of the Glitter Lip Glosses. I'll add a review of those soon!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything that you posted was dead on. I was impressed with my first look at the palette, but once I tried it on I was sold. All of the colors are great. Yeah, the eyeshadows may not be extraordinary new shades, but everyone needs some great nude bases don't they. Here you get 4 in one great palette and you get the lip colors too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home