Makeup Fashion Style

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bobbi Brown Metallics Eye Shadow Palette


Yesterday I posted about Bobbi Brown's Spring Collection, Pink Raspberry. In that post I hinted at my love for the winter palettes. Now, I wanted to post about them when they first came out, but when I went to Macy's to pick up my palettes, I ended up getting the very last Burnt Sugar, and the other palettes only had 3-4 left. Needless to say I didn't want to do a post where I 'gasm over how great the palettes are only for people to find that they were next to impossible to find. Well, as I was window shopping over at QVC.com the other day, I discovered that they still have 2 of the winter palettes available. Yes, you read correctly! QVC.com still has the Burnt Sugar and Midnight Metallics Eye Shadow Palettes available.

Of the four palettes that were available, Burnt Sugar was by far my fave, followed by Midnight. Burnt Sugar is one of those palettes that you will be able to wear any time because it contains three neutral beige shades. Although they are called "Metallics," they are not overly packed with shimmer. I wear these to school with business attire all of time and it looks very sophisticated. Needless to say, I already ordered two more of the Burnt Sugar palette.

Talking to the girls at the Bobbi Brown cosmetics counter at Macy's, they informed me that Midnight was the slowest moving of the palettes, mainly because a lot of people were scared of the blue. Everyone knows that I am not afraid of color so that didn't turn me off at all. The white and gray shadows are both perfect for base shadows so you can mix those up all of the time. If you're not afraid of color, use the blue for your lids. Trust me, it really isn't that shocking. The nice thing about Bobbi Brown shadows is the fact that they are great for layering. Just dust on a little for a slight hint of color or gradually add on some more layers to achieve your desired amount.

If you are still too scared to use the blue for a full lid color, it also works as a fabulous contour shade or liner shade. I have blue eyes, so when I use the blue shade from the Midnight palette my eyes just pop! I use it as a liner on my the tops and bottoms of my eyes, but only line from about the middle of my eye outward.

QVC.com is the only place I have found that still has these palettes. If you thought you missed out of the Bobbi Brown Metallics Eye Shadow Palette, here's your chance. If you are like me and quickly snagged them up many months ago, quickly fell in love with them, went to buy more only to find that they were no where to be found, then here's your chance. I have no idea how long these will last. I'm assuming not too long because I know that there is a Bobbi Brown show coming up on QVC so I'm sure they will feature these.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will definitely try the Burnt Sugar Palette. I also want to purchase the Tawny Shimmer Brick and Lip Tray on QVC. Thanks a Bunch!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Suzy Shopper said...

I have the Tawny Shimmer Brick and Lip Tray...it is amazing. I love all of the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks, but really love this one. The lip colors are great too. I hope you love it. Feel free to post comments once you try it because I'm sure everyone would love to hear another opinion.

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I have been looking for these everywhere. I too picked up the burnt sugar palette as soon as it came out and when I went to go get more because I fell in love with it there were none to be found. Thanks so much for posting this find. To the 1st comment, you will love this palette. I just ordered the Pink Raspberry palette too. Such great colors. Can't wait to get it.

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for pointing this one out. I ordered it on your recommendation and love it. I've gotten a bunch of compliments. I hope that BB releases more of these metallic shades.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home