Makeup Fashion Style

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Rakku Shoe Wheel

Bored out of my mind in class yesterday I did a lot of web browsing. Lately, my shoe addiction has been out of control! This past weekend, I was at Nine West Outlet and they had an additional 50% off their clearance section. I picked up 4 pairs of shoes and 2 pairs of boots for only $65! If my sweetie was sitting there, bored out of his mind, waiting for me outside of the store I probably would have done a lot more damage. I should also mention that I bought 3 pairs of shoes from other stores that day. I know, it's a disease and I need help!

Anyhoo, back to the topic of this post. As a result of my ever growing shoe collection, I am quickly running out of space. It's bad enough that our new bedroom has not only a huge walk-in closet but also a half closet and neither of those closets hold any of my Sweetie's things. I am constantly looking for better ways to house my shoes. I keep alot of them in their original boxes and just stack them up along the walls of the closet. The shoes that I wear most frequently obviously stay out of the boxes and litter the ground. I also have a three shelf shoe rack that was supposed to hold nine pairs of shoes, but through some enginuity and shoving now holds 30 pairs (mostly flats and loafers that have been kiss-stacked...Seriously though, who would need a shoe rack that only holds nine pairs of shoes???). Although I keep looking for new storage ideas, I have yet to find one that is practical. That is not to say that I haven't found tons that have been pretty creative.

Yesterday I came across the Rakku Shoe Wheel. To me, it looks like one of those heavy industrial floor fans that you would find in a factory, but instead of a fan blade you put your shoes in there. With expandable pockets, it holds up to 30 pairs of shoes. It measures about 30" around, so it's not the most compact thing, but I will say it's one of the better shoe holders I've come across.

At $65 dollars, it's not cheap either. Let's face it, I've got close to 200 pairs of shoes. I would need at least 7 of the Shoe Wheels bringing my total to a whopping $455. On top of it, where would I fit 7 of these Wheels? I love the picture of the closet on their website. Seriously, who's closet looks like that? I would think that most women would need at least 2 Shoe Wheels to house their collections. That would not fit into the closet pictured. And by the way, where is this person's purse collection? Far from a realistic closet.

I love the design and think that the Rakku Shoe Wheel looks really cool, but like so many other shoe holders, it's not practical for me. What about you guys? How do you house your shoe collection?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks really cool! But I agree that it doesnt seem practical for people with more than 10 pairs of shoes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home