Makeup Fashion Style

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Olay Body Thermal Pedicure Foot Treatment


Anyone who knows me knows that I hate feet. When the flip-flop trend hit about 10 years ago or so I cringed. All of those exposed feet walking around in public?!?! GROSS!!! I still do not wear flip-flips. It took me forever to be able to wear sandals in public, and when I do, I'm really anal about the type of sandal to wear. Nothing that shows too much feet! I know, I know, I sound like a nut case, but trust me, there are a ton of people out there like me.

Last month as I was walking to my last ever final exam, a girl walking a few feet in front of me on State Street caught my attention. Actually, it was the slapping of her flip-flops that got my attention. As I looked down towards her feet I was met with a ghastly view. She had to have had the dryest, nastiest heels I had ever seen. It was then and there that I realized that one of the reasons that I hate flip-flops and the feet that they expose is the fact that many, many, many people (men and women both) do not wear flip-flops with nicely groomed feet. Because flip-flops have that casual feel to them, people have no quams about throwing a pair on really nasty feet.

I also started to think about how anal I am about taking care of my feet, which seems strange considering that I don't even like to show my feet. Even though I don't like to show them, I want soft and nice looking feet. Whenever I sense a hint of dryness starting to appear, I am quick to jump on it. Being as I am not to show my feet (how many times can I say that in this post???), I can't justify getting pedicures. Why spend so much money for something that will be hidden? As such, I have tried and tested a ton of at home pedicure products. My favorite at home product is definately Olay Body Thermal Pedicure Foot Treatment.

Truth be told, I picked up this product because it was a part of a package deal with Olay Regenerist Thermal Mini Peel (which, come to think of it, I never did a review on...I guess I should do that). Can you believe that the full-sized combo duo was on clearance at Target for only $6.99!!! Any-hoo, a few weeks after I purchased it, I finally tried it. I was sorry that I waited so long. I squeezed the product out of the tube and was memorized by the beautiful purple color. The little scrubbing beads were immediately visible. I started to lather up my feet, scrubbing between my toes and my heels. The thermal action was immediate as a nice warming sensation began to soothe my worn out tootsies. The only thing that would have made this treatment any nicer was if someone else was rubbing my feet!

After I rinsed the product off, my feet had a nice tingly sensation. They felt invigorated! I dried my feet off and was amazed at the results. My feet felt sooooo smooth! And, surprise, my hands also benefited from the treatment. As a result of the massaging, the hands were just as smooth. I was in love right then and there. With the exception of some lotion being slathered on before bed, this is the only thing I use on my feet and the results are amazing. I highly, highly recommend this product. What's great is that this product is super affordable as well. With a retail price of $9.99 (it's actually on sale for $8.99 at Drugstore.com at the moment), it won't break the bank.

drugstore.com

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post made me LOL. Your right why do people not care what their feet look like when they wear flip flops? I'm going to try this product. I've heard some good things about it.

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post made me LOL. Your right why do people not care what their feet look like when they wear flip flops? I'm going to try this product. I've heard some good things about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home