Makeup Fashion Style

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Great Finds At Kohl's

So this is a post I've been wanting to do for quite some time. In high school, I used to work at Kohl's so I did a lot of shopping there (thank you employee discount). This was the mid to late ninties and they had some cute stuff. After college, I stopped shopping at Kohl's for clothes. They still had great deals on shoes, jewelry, and household items, but their wardrobe departments went completely down hill. Everything looked frumpy and cheap.

After we decided to buy a house this past summer, I began shopping at Kohl's more frequently. Coming from a super tiny apartment into a much larger house required me to get more things like towels, bathroom rugs, table clothes (how exciting to finally have a kitchen table and not have to eat at the coffee table!!!), you get the picture. On one of my many excursions, the apparel department actually caught my eye! This was right around the time that Vera Wang released her Simply Vera line at Kohl's. Gone were the frumpy and plain old lady clothes. The racks were now filled with stylish clothes full of in style colors, designs, and cuts.

Kohl's just keeps rolling out great pieces season after season. Recently, Kohl's added a line by Elle to already great lines by Simply Vera and Daisy Fuentes. The Elle line is fabulous if you ask me. If you are looking for affordable, but still well made versions of high end designer pieces, you need to check this line out. I guarantee that you will be able to find at least one item that you absolutely love.

What's even better is that most of these newer, hipper lines don't stop at apparel. Shoes, handbags, homegoods, and jewelry are also available. I bought almost every piece in Daisy Fuentes' spring jewelry line (in silver). Of course, not every piece is a winner. I recently came across a stockpile of Daisy Fuentes shoes featuring leopard print with lace (yes, they were as ugly as you are imagining) available in the clearance department at 80% off. But trust me, the good outweighs the bad.

So if you haven't checked out the apparel department at Kohl's lately, give it a looksy. You'll be suprised by what you find. What's even better is the fact that it seems like everything at Kohl's is always on sale. How can you argue with that? Also, make sure to check out the clearance racks. I know it's July, but I just picked up some great sweaters for $6 a piece marked down from $55-$68. Happy Shopping!

***EDIT*** I just found out that Kohls.com is currently offering 99 cent per item shipping through today. There is nothing I hate more than when you find one little item that you want and there is a flat shipping charge of like $7 so I love when Kohl's does the per item shipping. Starting tomorrow (July 3rd) they will be offering FREE SHIPPING on orders over $75 or $5 flat shipping on orders under $75.

Elle 468x60

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Those shirts are so cute! I haven't been to Kohl's in ages, but I'm going to go this weekend now that I see what they have to offer. I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of money. I'll have to check out the clearance racks like you recommend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home