Makeup Fashion Style

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Happy Birthday Sephora

It's hard to believe that Sephora has only been around for 10 years. What did we do before Sephora??? I can remember being frustrated when certain Marshall Fields (oh how I long for those days before Macy's took over) only carried certain brands forcing me search all over for coveted cosmetics. I remember the first time I ever walked into a Sephora. It was like Charlie walking into the chocolate factory. Everything shined and seemed to call my name. I wanted one of everything, but surprisingly, I managed to walk out with only a single palette. Now, I'm lucky if I can walk out spending less than $100.

To celebrate Sephora's 10th birthday/anniversary, some of the top cosmetics companies have put together limited edition beauty products and gift sets at great prices. Most of these products are even "Best of Sephora" award winners.

Bare Escentuals has created Mineral Veil On The Go Mineral Veil for the occassion. For the first time, the best selling Mineral Veil is available in a portable device. For those of you who have yet to try Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil, it is a sheer translucent powder that you apply as a finishing powder on your face. It gives skin a flawless, airbrushed look while absorbing oil from your face. I absolutely love the packaging. I will say this though, it is a bit big and bulky. This is not a product that would fit easily in your clutch for touchups during a night on the town. This is a limited edition item that is available for $28.

TIP - If you already have a ton of Mineral Veil (I know I do because it is included in a lot of Bare Escentuals kits) and don't want to pick up this product, but want to have the on the go ability I have a suggestion. Simply take a retractable fact brush, brush it in the Mineral Veil, retract it, put the cap on it, and you're ready to go. Also, most retractable brushes I have seen are smaller than the On The Go product currently available so this tip may prove helpful if you're looking for something smaller to fit in a clutch.

No Sephora celebration would be complete without a gift set from Stila. Stila offers its Stila Loves Sephora 10th Anniversary Can. The can is filled with some Stila's fan favorites including Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer, Convertible Color in Peony, Kajal Eyeliner in Onyx, Mini Multi-Effect Mascara, and Brown Sugar Lip Glaze. There was a time when I would never leave Sephora without getting a new shade of Stila Lip Glaze! This kit totally takes me back to that time. Even if you don't get this kit, I highly, highly, highly recommend the Convertible Color in Peony. This is a multitasker that every beauty addict needs. Use it on you lips, eyes, and cheeks. Its dusty rose hue is perfect for the fall. This kit is a limited edition priced at $40 (with a $90 value).

Another Sephora shoppers favorite brand is Philosophy. Who amongst us hasn't spent many an hour at Sephora smelling her way through the entire Philosophy display telling her girlfriend that the products smell good enough to eat?!?! I know I'm guilty!!! And then comes the dilema of trying to select just one scent to take home. For Sephora's 10th Birthday Philosophy has helped us out with that problem. Introducing the Philosophy Classic Cookbook, a collection of ten of Philosophy's favorite scents. The Classic Cookbook includes 2 oz. bottles of Strawberry Milkshake, Red Velvet Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Senorita Margarita, Coconut Frosting, Cinnamon Buns, Double Rich Hot Cocoa, Raspberry Sorbet, Vanilla Birthday Cake, and Melon Daiquiri. This is a great gift for any Philosophy addict as well as for the person who has never tried Philosophy but has always wanted to. How could you go wrong with 10 of Philosophy's best scents??? This limited edition set is available for $40.

There are many more 10th Anniversary gifts from companies like Fresh, Clinique, Urban Decay, Too Faced, and, of course, Sephora. These were just a few of my favorites that I could personally recommend. All of the 10th Anniversary items are limited edition and are obviously only available at Sephora. Happy Shopping!




Sephora.com, Inc.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home