Makeup Fashion Style

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

J.C. Sephora???

Numerous money and business websites are reporting that JC Penney and Sephora have teamed up to put Sephora stores in JC Penney stores. Apparently, Penneys is tired of not looking like a respectable store and wants to appeal to a younger audience. Sephora will basically take over the cosmetics departments (or lack there of) in Penneys stores. The Sephora stores will not be full sized, nor will they carry a full line of products. So basically it's just a little teaser. I for one think this a great move on both companies' parts. Sephora stores have been popping up everywhere. With this venture, they can add a ton of new "stores" without having to build new buildings. Penneys will also get the added benefit of being able to lure customers in who are interested in what Sephora has to offer. I'm kind of curious to see how this plays out. Of course, I won't be seeing any of these Penneys/Sephora combo stores anytime soon since downtown Chicago is lacking in J.C. Penney stores. I guess on my next trip out to the suburbs I might have to stop in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home