Makeup Fashion Style

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Chanel Lumiere D'Artifices

Ahhhh...Chanel. As soon as you hear that word you immediately think of high end, luxury items. Whether it's handbags, fragrances, shoes, or cosmetics, Chanel is definately tres chic. Of course, with luxury comes high prices. This is why I do not own many Chanel brand products. Knowing that I cannot afford such things, I try to stay as far away from the Chanel counters as possible. This is no easy task. Many a days as I'm standing on Washington and State, waiting for the CTA bus #60, I'm tempted and teased as the Chanel counter in Macy's tries to lure me in. As I watch all of the happy people playing with Chanel cosmetics and perfumes through the window on Washington, I can't help but want to run in and play too. Usually, I have enough will power to walk away. Today was not one of those days.

Today I went into Macy's and checked out the new Spring 2007 line from Chanel. Why, oh why did I do that!?!? I am now totally smitten with their new Lumiere D'Artificesicon. I mean, I had been seeing things about it online for about a month now, but had yet to see it in person. It contains three rows of metallic colors - cool silver, deep anthracite and warm bronze. Each can be worn alone, all together, as highlighters, as liners, you get the point. The pattern on the palette was created to resemble sequins on a Chanel dress. I am a huge lover of metallic looking shadows. They are so versatile and can be worn for day or night. When I put this on at the counter, I was amazed. Since it is Chanel, it was no suprise that the shadows just glided onto my eye lids. I was able to create the greatest "smokey eyes" look. So, did I pick this one up? NO! At $75, even I thought this was a bit pricey. I told the girl at the counter that I'll just have to come in every day and do my make-up at the counter! I know that this is a Chanel product and whatever, but $75??? The palette was not even that big. On top of it, I feel that the colors can be found in other collections at a fraction of the price.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home