Makeup Fashion Style

Sunday, January 07, 2007

New Products From Benefit

Benefit seems to be coming out with a lot of new products lately. I came across two of them at the Benefit counter at Macy's in Orland Square Mall this weekend. Yes, I made it out to the suburbs this weekend. I was in search of a new couch, which I did find, at Darvin Furniture. Anyways, back to the original idea of this post. I knew that Benefit had released 10, so I made my way over to the counter to try it out. Benefit 10 is "A duo of delectable pink and bronze powders;" basically a highlighter and bronzer in one compact. While this is a new product to Benefit, this is not a new product to the cosmetic world. I can name at least 20 other brands that offer a similar product. That being said, 10 is not a blow my mind type of product either. It does exactly what it claims...it highlights and bronzes. I am a fan of Benefit, and this product is just as good as anything else that they offer, but it is definately not a must have product. If you already have a favorite highlighter and bronzer, there is no reason to run out and get this product. If you don't and you love Benefit products, this is a good product. For me, it's not good enough to pull me away from my latest love, Laura Geller's Balance - N - Bronze.

10 is not the only new product from Benefit. They have also introduced Rush Hour, another new to Benefit but not to the cosmetic world product. Rush Hour is a "10 second fresh and lively touch-up for lips and cheeks." This is a 2-in-1 product for the cheeks and the lips. I was a little surprised that Benefit would try to introduct a product like this when the same concept is already present in their Benetint Pocketpal. However, unlike Benetint, which is a liquid stain, Rush Hour is a cream colored stick. I know some people complain that they have a problem evenly distributing Benetint before it drys, Rush Hour is perfect for them. The soft plum rose shade (the only shade this product is available in) is also an extremely universal shade. It looks great on any skintone. But again, it's not like there aren't a million of this type of product available. Women 70 years ago were using lipstick as "rouge" even before these multi-tasking products were around.

Overall, I liked both 10 and Rush Hour, but for me they are just not must haves. If I was to receive these as gifts, I would keep and use them, but I would most likely not go out and purchase these for myself. I wish Benefit would have introduced a new shade of blush or something like that as opposed to just littering the cosmetic world with products that just aren't necessary.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home