Makeup Fashion Style

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Tarte And Borba Inside Out Lip Gloss

I heard about this a few months ago, but am just now finding out more information. The people at Tarte Cosmetics did a little research and found out that the average woman eats 2 to 4 pounds of lip gloss in her lifetime. That is the equivalent to 708 tubes of lip gloss! How crazy is that??? So Tarte teamed up with Borba and developed Inside Out Vitamin Lip Gloss, a lip gloss that supposedly will help clarify your skin.

From Sephora - "The ultimate in double-duty beauty, Tarte's long-lasting, moisturizing lip gloss works to soothe and hydrate lips, while BORBA's nutraceutical blend delivers powerful skin protecting ingredients. The pomegranate-scented lip gloss is mouth-wateringly gorgeous with its hint of sexy sheen, but it's the vitamin cocktail that will keep you coming back for more. The first lip gloss that's actually good for you! While Tarte's shimmery gloss beautifies you on the outside, BORBA's nutraceutical blend beautifies you on the inside. Inside Out includes natural ingredients from BORBA's Age Defying, Replenishing, and Clarifying lines."

I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet. I'm assuming that they want you to eat the lip gloss so that you can have the "vitamin cocktail." It doesn't say that the vitamins some how seep through your lips, and since this product came about after the discovery that women eat so much lip gloss it's the only logical thing I can come up with. But here's my question...why would they encourage you to eat the gloss? Perhaps it's to make you go through the tube faster and thus have to shell out more money to pick up another one. I don't know about you, but when I put gloss on, I am cautious about not biting on my lips and what not in order to protect the shine and color from coming off. Especially when I am using a pricier gloss and at $21 a tube this would fall under that category. Either way, I'm sure I will probably still end up trying this product out since I am such a Tarte fan.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home