Makeup Fashion Style

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Smashbox Tokidoki Lip Gloss

When I saw the new Tokidoki Collection from Smashbox I was immediately excited by the eyeshadow quads, but I wasn't too impressed with the lip glosses. They just looked like another pink and peach gloss. Nothing to get too excited over. Okay, I'll admit it, I was wrong. At the Smashbox counter today I got a hands on look at the new shades and was highly impressed. I purchased Dolcissima, the peachy shade. It is absolutely gorgeous. I have never seen a shade like this before. Generally, when I see peach shades of lip gloss they tend to be way too light and hardly noticable. If I'm going to pay for a lip gloss, then I definately want to make sure that it will be noticed. This is not a problem with Dolcissima. It has such a nice shine, but not overly shiney. The best way I can describe it is that it is very natural looking. It will have people saying, "you look good" as opposed to "you're make-up looks good," you know what I mean? Thank God I looked at the glosses in person instead of merely turning my nose up on them. I did like the pink shade,Drammatica, too, but it is a little brighter than I was looking for. Also, the artwork on the tubes is absolutely adorable. I know you're not supposed to judge stuff based on the packaging, but the little angel like characters are just too cute.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too got the dolcissima. Perfect shade for anyone. The artwork is so cute. I hope that smashbox and tokidoki do more joint produts in the future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home