Makeup Fashion Style

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My New Clutch


Would you believe that someone who has over 100 purses found herself in a lurch this past holiday party season when she couldn't find her little black clutch? Yes, that someone would be me. Now, many would say that I have too many purses and that is why I couldn't find my clutch. I say that the problem is that I only had 1 clutch and thus it was trying to find a needle in a haystack.

When I realized that I couldn't locate my clutch (of course it was about 2 hours before my boyfriend's company's Christmas party), I told my boyfriend that we're going to have to stop at Kohl's on the way to the party. Imagine my suprise when I couldn't find a single party purse at Kohl's. The only other option was to run over to Target. I was forced to tote around this black vinyl monstrousity, that had a cuff bracelet that attached the purse to your wrist. It looked like something you would take to an S&M party. I ripped off the bracelet and tried to make it look decent, but at the same time I vowed to pick up another clutch as soon as I saw one that I loved so as not to be in the same predicament again. I found my new clutch today.

With wind chills in Chicago in the single digits, I was lured into the Old Navy on State Street to kill time while waiting for the bus. Not really looking for anything in particular, I leisurely strolled through the store. I was almost about to leave when my eyes fell upon ribbons. I personally think that ribbons have a very girly appeal to them, but you have to be careful when wearing them. Think classy, not gaudy. I love high heels that have simple bows on them. The latest rage in headbands features small, flat bows. I love it all. So when I saw this Old Navy Women's Faux-Croc Wristlet Clutches I immediately fell in love. The faux-croc material of the actual clutch is offset by the girly black grosgrain bow. This is the first time I saw the two materials combined. The clutch also comes in red faux-croc with a black bow. I'm thinking I may have to stop at Old Navy again tomorrow and pick up the red one too!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home