Makeup Fashion Style

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Review: NARS Deep Throat Blush & Striptease Lip Gloss Set

After much anticipation, I finally received my order of the new Nars Deep Throat Blush & Striptease Lip Gloss Set Deep Throat Blush & Striptease Lip Gloss. Having already used the Deep Throat Blush, I was really looking forward to the new NARS Striptease Lip Gloss; a shade that is currently only available in this set. It is described as "the quintessential nude lip gloss that imparts a universally flattering, candlelight-nude luster to lips. Striptease exudes sophisticated glamour and polish when worn alone, and its softly glowing color brilliantly complements other lip colors when layered together." Okay, let me just say that none of this rings true, in my opinion. Based on the review, and the small color swatch on Sephora.com, I was expecting a gorgeous nude shade that would offer some shine and would be sheen and sheer.

As I stated in a previous post, I thought this was going to be a shade that would be similar to J.Lo's infamous shiney nude lips. Imagine my shock when I ran to the bathroom to apply Striptease only to find that it was a time warp back to the 1980s. The best way to describe this shade...FROSTED LIPS! It was hideous. Not only did it make my lips look horrible, but the shade also washed out the rest of my face. I cannot believe that they call this shade nude. More so, I can't believe they recommend layering this shade over lipsticks and other lip color. It is not a true nude that could be used for such purposes. Applying this shade over other lip color would just give your lips a frosted look with a hint of color.

Needless to say, I was highly disappointed with the new Striptease shade. I am highly suprised since I am usually a big fan of all NARS lip glosses. Oh, one other thing. I had my sister as well as 2 friends try out Striptease as well. We all have different skin tones and it flattered NO ONE! NARS should change the description of this one to "universally un-flattering."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home