Makeup Fashion Style

Sunday, January 14, 2007

New LORAC Products

It looks like Beauty.com is tired of being in Sephora.com's shadow. While browsing around on Beauty.com I was very suprised to find a bunch of brand spankin' new items by LORAC available only here. They will eventually be available where ever Lorac products are sold, but for now, the only place to get them is at Beauty.com. I think this is a great marketing deal. Beauty.com is definately, in my opinion, overlooked by many cosmetics consumers, even though they offer so many great gift with purchase opportunities, and even a percentage back program. But enough of my rambling...let's get onto the new products from LORAC.

LORAC Mocktail Flavored Lip Gloss - I think this is the one I'm most excited about. I am a huge fan of LORAC Lip Polish High Shine Glosses and can't imagine why I would not like this one too. The line features flavors of exotic drinks like Sex on the Beach, Mai Tai, and Tequila Sunrise (hence the name "mocktail"). The spectrum of shades is higly diverse. From nudes to pinks to peaches to plums to bronze, you are sure to find a shade that will flatter your skintone. I am curious as to what type of applicator this lip gloss has; whether it is a sponge tip or a brush. Either way, I'm sure I will love this lip gloss. LORAC has never let me down before. If anyone has tried these yet, please comment and let us all know what your experience was.

LORAC Cheek Stamp Satiny Powder Blush - This one also looks promising. As I look at this product, I can't believe that no one else has come out with this before (at least to my knowledge). A soft sponge applicator gently "stamps" powder blush onto your cheeks. Now, since I have yet to test these products out as of yet, I can only comment based on information provided and pictures shown. Looking at this picture, it appears that this product is going to allow the perfect amount of powder blush to be distributed. As someone who has dealt with loose powder blushes that tend to get all over the place, this is a welcomed relief. No longer are gel and cream blush sticks the only convenient "on-the-go" blushes available. Finally, the girls who love powder will be able to have convenience too. Available in 5 shades.

LORAC protecTINT Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30, Beach Bronze - Tinted moisturizers are quickly becoming all the rage. Many people are throwing out their old foundations and replacing them with these. Tinted moisturizers help to even skin tones, tend to last longer than foundation, and are easily applied. The downside is that some do not conceal well. Let me tell you, I live in tinted moisturizers in the winter. Even if it is a no make-up day, I usually will at least have tinted moisturizer on. It fights the cold winter days by keeping my face moisturized. It also covers my drab "I haven't seen the sun since July" pastey look that tends to take over my face duing the winter. This latest version by LORAC seems to be another "not new" product to flood the cosmetics market. I will probably wait until this product is available to test in person at Sephora. If I am for some reason extremely impressed then I might pick it up. For now, I'm content with the tinted moisturizers I already use. Available in 5 shades.

LORAC Publicity Stunt Lashes - I am never one to overlook new mascaras. I will try every one available. There is nothing better than long, lush lashes. Reading the description available on this product, I don't know what to say. "To achieve the lengthening a plant cellulose is combined with volcanic ash from an island chain in the South Pacific. The pulverized ash mixed with the cellulose and other ingredients produces a water impervious substance that bonds to hair, elongating the lash and increasing the wear due to its water repelling qualities...your lashes will look clean and pristine for days!" Okay...special ash from the South Pacific? Like I said, I'm always willing to try new mascaras, but when I read such out there descriptions I tend to wonder whether the products are decent or just a bunch of hype. This will be another product that I will wait to test out before purchasing. They seem to be focusing on the fact that the opposite end of the tube contains a brush for separating your lashes. To me, that means that the mascara is most likely going to make your lashes clump. Why else would you need a comb? I am more interested in the shape of the actual mascara brush. It looks like it is pinched in the middle. I've never seen a brush like that, so I have no idea what it will do. The description focuses too much on the South Pacific and fails to mention why the brush has this unique feature and just what it will do.

Beauty.com

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home