Makeup Fashion Style

Monday, January 15, 2007

Laura Geller Lip Shiners

So recently I was introduced to the world of Laura Geller cosmetics. After falling in love with the initial products I tried, I've been testing out more and more of her products. Since I loved the Laura Geller Lip Stays, I decided to give the Laura Geller Lip Shiners a try. I selected the Nude shade, described as a "better than bare shimmer." Now, being as the product is called LIP SHINERS, I was expecting to be blown away with a glossy shine. Unfortunately, that did not happen. There was a very subtle shine, but I would definately equate this product with a lipstick. That being said, I was blown away by how moisturizing this gloss was. As I was applying it to my lips, I was greeted with a creamy sensation. Since this was in gloss form, it was more moisturizing and luxurious than a tube of lipstick. This product also had staying power. The color lasted on my lips for a few hours. I should make one more comment about the shine factor. It is possible that for some reason, the Nude shade is just not as shiney as the other available shades. Looking at the color swatches, it looks like the other colors have more shimmer in them. I will definately be trying other shades. Even if they lack in the shine factor, they are supreme in the mositurizing department. Now that it's getting colder in Chicago, I'm definately going to need all the help I can get to stop my lips from getting chapped.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for recomending this product! I love glosses, but want the moisture of a lipstick and this delivers. And you are right about the other shades me shinier than the nude. I picked up a pink shade and it has incredible shine and mositurizers. Thank you again! If I didn't read your review, I never would have known about this product.

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for recomending this product! I love glosses, but want the moisture of a lipstick and this delivers. And you are right about the other shades me shinier than the nude. I picked up a pink shade and it has incredible shine and mositurizers. Thank you again! If I didn't read your review, I never would have known about this product.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home