Makeup Fashion Style

Monday, January 01, 2007

The Thrill Of The Hunt (For A Bargain)

Last year during the post-Christmas clearance sale at Target, I picked up a gift set consisting of Method Vanilla Peppermint products. The kit contained a candle as well as a bottle of hand soap. I opened it as soon as I got home, used the soap, fell in love immediately, ran back to Target, and purchased the remaining ten, that's right 10, sets that they had. Now usually I am of the mind that soap is soap. I usually would just buy whatever brand was on sale, which is how I stumbled upon this product since it was 90% off making it just $1.50. But this Vanilla Peppermint scent has changed me forever. It is the first hand soap that I can honestly say has a scent that I can actually smell. Every person who has come to my apartment and has had to wash their hands has commented on the scent and has quickly asked, "what is that and where do I get it?!?!" The look of disappointment on their faces that it was a seasonal product was gut wrenching. My best friend was particularly heartbroken over this news. You would think that with her being my best friend and all, I would part with 1 of the 10 sets I purchased, but no, I would not part with my obsession. This November, Target finally stocked its shelves once again with Method Vanilla Pepperming products, and new products to boot. Being as I still have 6 or 7 bottles of hand soap left, I instead only purchased 10 bottles of air freshener. I immediately called my BFF to let her know that her prayers had been answered and that she better run over to Target to grab her loot. Unfortunately for her, when she finally went to Target that weekend, many were already sold out of the liquid hand soap in Peppermint Vanilla. She had to go to 4 different Targets to finally find some. She snagged the last 5 five bottles they had. Now, with the post-Christmas clearance sale once again going on at Target, it has become my mission to find as many clearance Method Vanilla Peppermint products as possible. While they are still available at Method's website, it is the thrill of the hunt for a bargain that drives me. So if you see a crazed woman jumping for joy at the sight of Method products at Target, please come up and say hi because it's probably me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home