Makeup Fashion Style

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Givenchy Arty Color Collection


Have you guys seen the new Givenchy Arty Color Collection? I had the opportunity to play with all of the new products today and was just blown away. Granted, I haven't really spoken about Givenchy products in the past, but I have been a fan of their cosmetic line for quite some time. The only problem that I had with it in the past (and the reason I have never really posted about it before) is the fact that they never really had any products that I found to be unique and awe-inspiring. Thanks to the new Arty Color Collection, I can no longer say that. Inspired by the art of graffiti, features an "explosion of colors." Just in time for spring, vibrant pinks, blues, greens, purples, yellows, and more are found in their eye shadows, lip glosses, masacaras and more. This collection is so unique in the way that they offer such a wide spectrum of colors. Unlike other lines that seem to feature variations of two or three shades, Givenchy takes a bold step forward and offers all of the colors of the rainbow. With all of these great color choices available, you will be able to create a million different looks.

My favorite piece from the new collection by far is the Givenchy Prismissime Eyes - 9-Colors Eyeshadow Arty Palette 53. These are 9 of the brightest colors I have ever seen. Now, don't be scared by the brightness. The nice thing about Givency shadows is that they can be applied as only a sheer hint of color by lightly coating the eye lid or they can be used to create a deep vibrant look by layering the shades. "Shades include: six vivid mat colors with pearly white inlays in pink, green, turquoise, yellow, purple, orange; and three very iridescent shades with an intense metallic finish in pure silver, pearly pink, and precious copper." The silver shade is out of this world.

Blue mascara seems to be a craze lately. Benefit just released Bad Girl Lashes in Blue and now Givenchy has released Givenchy Eyelashcolor Color Gloss For Highlighted Lashes in Blue as well as Green. "Highlighted" is the perfect word to describe this product because it does not give you heavy blue eyelashes but instead highlights your lashes giving you just a subtle hint of color that makes your eyes pop. Girls with blue eyes, you must try the blue shade. My blue eyes practically popped out of my head with this mascara. Not only is the color right, but the mascara wand is full of tiny fibers that are able to coat every nook and cranny of your lashes without creating clumps. If you haven't tried Givenchy mascara in the past, I highly recommend testing it out.

This collection also features two new Givenchy Magic Khol Eye Liner Pencil shades in Blue and Green. Both have a metallic tinge to them. While both shades are nice, they aren't anything too spectacular. I think that the cream liners available from Stila and Smashbox reign supreme in liners in terms of ease of application, look created, long lastingness, and colors. Now, if I received these as a gift I would definately use them, I'm just saying I personally would not go out and pick these up for myself.

The Prisme Again! Blush Quartet in Arty Pink is very interesting. Okay, I don't really get the name because more than pink is featured here. Glimmering Fuschia/ Glimmering Gold/ Glimmering Soft Orange/ Glimmering Vibrant Pink are all crammed into this palette. Use the colors individually or combine them all together. Believe it or not, all 4 compliment each other like I never would have guessed. The fact that the colors cover such a wide spectrum also allows you to create many looks. Go for the girly pink cheeks look or use the orange to get more the sun-kissed glow look. This palette is great for the girl who likes to mix it up and not wear the same color all of the time. Yes, that would be me!

I expect a lot of mixed reviews for the Pop Gloss Syrup Lip Glosses in Raspberry (a sheer watermelon pink shade) and Plum Syrup (a sheer fuscia purple shade). As far as the shades go, I love the Raspberry but was also drawn to the Plum Syrup. I think most will love the shades, but I think that some will not be too fond of the texture of the gloss. Syrup is the key word in the name. They definately have a syrupy/honey like texture in that they are some what thick. I have heard many complaints about thick lip glosses that tend to feel sticky. I personally do not mind lip glosses like that. In all honesty, it makes me more conscious of my lip gloss and I also know when I am in need of a touch up.

I should also mention that all of the products from the Givenchy Arty Color Collection are of course LIMITED EDITIONS. I highly recommend that the next time you are at a store that sells Givenchy cosmetics that you go over to the counter and try out this latest collection. It's tons-o-fun!

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, the new line looks absolutely awesome. As a lip gloss fanatic, I would love to try the lip gloss, but I have to tell you, I would love to try the blush quartet. The colors look great and I bet they would be so bank together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home