Makeup Fashion Style

Monday, February 05, 2007

Lorac Mocktail Lip Gloss Review

So I finally have used my new LORAC Mocktail lip gloss long enough to give a review. Overall, I love this product! I used the Sex On The Beach shade, which is listed as a "fuschia shade." I will say, this color screams "Hello 1980s" from the tube, but is just a gorgeous, sheer pink when applied. The feel and texture of this gloss is heavenly. It is thick enough to feel it on your lips, but is so creamy that it feels like it is seeping into your lips to mositurize them. When I first took the cap off of the tube, it almost had an overwhelming sweet smell to it. It has gotten less noticable, but if you are one of those people who are turned off by sweet smelling lip glosses then this is not for you. The taste, on the other hand, was not overwhelming and was suprisingly subtle. I was suprised by how much this did taste like a Sex on the Beach cocktail. The good thing is that the taste was subtle enough not to make you want to lick it off your lips, a hazard of other sweet tasting glosses. What about shine, you ask? This was not the shiniest gloss I have ever used, but it had a low key sheen to it. It is noticable without being overbearing.

I am definately going to check out other shades of this product. Looking at the color samples of each shade, it appears that the Sex on the Beach shade has the least amount of shimmer to it. I am curious as to how the more shimmery shades are. Final word...LORAC has once again nailed the art of lip glosses! Love it, love it, love it!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I have always wanted to try LORAC. I heard the lip gloss is really nice. It's not heavy or lightweight nor it is sticky. The only downfall is choosing the right color(s). It's hard to tell what they truly look like. I trust your judgement though.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Suzy Shopper said...

I have to say, I have never really met a Lorac color that I don't like. Although they sometimes look extremely bright in the packaging, they seem to always be sheer with the perfect amount of color once they are applied. The great thing is that most stores will take back products if you find that the colors aren't right for you. Give it a shot...You will LOVE Lorac!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home