Makeup Fashion Style

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

New Products From Stila

This past weekend I headed over to Sephora just to browse. There wasn't anything that I needed, but I ended up finding some new products from Stila that I didn't even know about. I have quickly fallen in love with them and wanted to share.

Suprisingly enough, until now, Stila did not have a plumping lip gloss. It seems like they are the only cosmetic company that hasn't hopped on that bandwagon yet. But now, Stila has graced us with their new Plumping Lip Glaze. It comes in the same container as their cult classic Lip Glazes and is available in six shades. Now, all of the shades end with the word "mint" (e.g. berry mint, cherry mint, vanilla mint), so one might be expected to be greeted with a cool minty sensation. This is so not the case. However, unlike many other lip plumping glosses, you are not greeted with an intense tingling sensation either. The tingling sensation is very subtle, just enough to let you know that you have a plumping gloss on. For those of you who believe that DuWop Lip Venom is too much for you to handle, this product is for you. I would say that Stila's Lip Plumping Glaze has about 1/4th of the intensity of tingly-ness of DuWop. With regards to color, these colors are very sheer and light. I ended up purchasing the Cherry Mint shade and while the color looks rich and almost berry-ish in the tube, on my lips it's a barely there color but a ton of shine. It makes your lips look so natural. I know, I know, no one has naturally shiney lips, but these are the most naturally looking shiney lips I have ever had. I absolutely love it.

I also discovered that Stila has released it's new Stila Spring Eye Shadow Trios. Sephora had two versions of the latest must have from Stila: Pretty Pansy (a trio of greens) and Ravishing Rose (a trio of rose hues). I've always been a fan of Stila shadows and there trios are always fabulous. Each trio contains a highligher, a crease, and a liner shade in perfectly matched shades. The packaging is adorable too. Each shadow is housed in reusable mirrored satin box with a cute flower graphic on top. Both of these shades (greens and roses) are extremely hot spring shades right now and are flattering on every skin tone and for every eye color. Also, the green shades are perfect for St. Patrick's Day parties! I know I'll be wearing these shades while watching the Chicago River being dyed green.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home