Makeup Fashion Style

Friday, April 20, 2007

Bronzer Palettes

Someone posted a comment about their love of the Clinique bronzer palette and asked if I have any product similar to that which I love. First, let me say that I too love the Clinique bronzer palette. I love all of the Clinique checker palettes, as I like to call them. Clinique always seems to hit the nail on the head when it comes to selecting multiple colors that when blended together create the perfect color and shading. But there are quite of few other bronzers that I truly enjoy using too.

Laura Geller Bronze - N - Brighten Bronze & Brighten - This is the first Laura Geller product I ever used and the one that I have loved the most. Not only is this a bronzer but it also contains color corrective pigments to help even out skintones. For me, that's what makes this product superior. I don't have to worry about layering on concealers and foundations if I have a bad blemish day. This baby does it all! Laura Geller creates these masterpieces by selecting 5 complimentary colors, mixing them together, and then having them bake on terra cotta sheets for 24 hours. The color on my skin is so natural. Perfectly sunkissed without a hint of orange.

Cargo BeachBlush - Miami Beach - Cargo's BeachBlushs come in 5 varieties, but Miami Beach is my favorite bronzer. Take a big face brush, swirl it around in all 4 strips of color and go crazy. The nice thing is that these strips of color are big enough that if you find that you need a little more of the darkest shade or a little more of a medium shade, you can simply swipe your brush through that shade only and add it to your face. This is a plus for anyone who likes to change their look up. Just a hint of a sunkissed face for day, but add a little more of the darker shade for a stunning tan for night.

LORAC Caribbean Heat - This a newbie. I came across this product about 2 weeks ago, but I already love it. I love it for all the reasons that I love the Cargo BeachBlush. And let's face it...it's from LORAC. Who doesn't love LORAC??? I swear, when I put this on it feels so soft and velvety on my face. It's nice and light and feels like I'm wearing nothing. The key component of this product is the rose bronze shade. A rose shade is essential to creating a great, natural looking bronzer.

Givenchy Prismissime - Face & Eye Powder 34 Sunset - Okay, so I don't own this one...at least not yet. It's a little pricey, and since I've been spending money like I've got money trees growing in my backyard lately, I've had to have some self control and pass on this one. But I still love it. I swear, this has to be made out of velvet. George Costanza would love it. 9 gorgeous, summertime shades fill this compact. Shades include: matte bronze, soft pink with golden shimmer, soft matte light brown, pink with pink shimmer, bronze with gold shimmer, coral with coral shimmer, soft matte suntan, pale pink with gold shimmer, and a rich, matte suntan. This is great because you can choose between shimmer and matte within the same compact. I am definately a shimmer kind of girl, but I know that many people are anti-shimmer. I don't know how anyone can be against light reflecting pigments that draw attention away from fine lines and blemishes, but to each her own!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanx for your recommendation of the Laura Geller bronze n brighten in the other post. I agree, it's the greatest. Someone last night even commented about the nice "tan" I had. I never would have tried it if I hadn't have read your post.

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new Caribean Heat Lorac palette is great. It's my new must have. I will have to stock up on this one so that I'll have it all year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home