Makeup Fashion Style

Thursday, March 29, 2007

New Goodies From Benefit

Benefit Cosmetics has released three new products. Many of you may recall my last post about Benefit's new relase, Rush Hour, and how I was not at all impressed since it was nothing new, nothing original. So I have to admit that the new lipstick, cream blush, and and cream eye shadow/liner are nothing new, but the shades and packaging are so great I am willing to overlook that. The only thing that does bother me is that these products (especially the lipstick and the eyeliner) seem to be rip-offs of Stila products. Take a look and you decide.

I am generally not a lipstick girl, but I absolutely love the new Silky-Finish Lipstick from Benefit. The color spectrum runs from light neutrals to deep plums. The color is sheer, but buildable. Slick on one coat for barely there color or add multiple coats to give your lips deeper color. This product also moisturizes lips like you wouldn't believe. When I put this lipstick on, it felt like the color and the lipstick was just melting into my lips. It also serves as a great base if you want to layer some gloss on top. I skipped the lipliner and just threw some Silky-Finish Lipstick on my lips topped off with a gloss and I loved what I saw. And I know that we're not supposed to judge products based on their packaging, but I love the packaging for this product. The black lipstick tube embellished with the trademark Benefit logo and loop is just too cute.

On to eyes! With Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner, Benefit has taken two of my favorite Stila products (Shadow Pots and Cream Liners) and combined them into one convenient product. Apply a light layer all over your eyelid, and then apply multiple layers to line and contour your eyes. The best thing is that if you choose to only use one color, your shadow and liner is going to be an absolute perfect match because technically they are the same color. Of course you're not limited to one color, mix and match to create a dramatic effect. There are tons of shades to choose from, but I'm hoping that they will release some more lighter shades. I'm thinking white, silver, violet, light blue...I love wearing lighter shades in warmer weather. The fact that these shadows/liners are cream makes them so blendable. You know what I'm thinking...SMOKEY EYES!!! And again, I love the packaging!

Lastly, the product I'm least impressed with, Benefit's Sheer Cream Blusher. Benefit claims, "Give cheeks a perky pinch of natural color and cheer up your cheeks with one of these beautifully natural shades." Three shades are available in coral, rose, and berry. Okay, so the product is not bad, but it still doesn't give me the natural flush that I get from my Tarte Cheek Stain. I have yet to find a product that comes close to the natural look of Tarte. The other thing is that I love Benefit's powder blushes (especially Dallas) for when I want more of a dramatic color look. So basically, the new Sheer Cream Blusher just isn't my cup of tea, but I'm sure that tons of you will love it. It's still a great product, just one that I don't need.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home