Makeup Fashion Style

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Magazine Deals At Amazon

I am obsessed with magazines. Really, it doesn't even matter what topic and genre they cover, I will read anything. Obviously, my favorite magazine genre is fashion/make-up magazines. When I lived at home I never signed up for subscriptions because my little sister would steal the magazine from the mailbox and thus I was never able to read it. I quickly learned that I would have to wait to be in my own place before a subscription was ever placed again. It's amazing how cheap you can get magazine subscriptions for compared to the newstand prices.

Back in December/January Amazon had a great deal on magazine subscriptions. I signed up for a few for only $3 each! That's less than one issue at the store. Of course, as usual, I didn't come across this deal until the end of the run and thus there was no time to post about it here. Ever since then I periodically check Amazon to see if there are any magazine deals to post about. Today I received a notice from Amazon trying to entice me to renew early and it made me think to check the site out again.

There are a few really good deals to be had. They have a 1 year subscription to Marie Claire Magazine for only $8 (or 2 years for $15) which comes out to $0.67 an issue! There's also a 1 year subscription to Harper's Bazaar for only $10 (or 2 years for $15) which comes out to $0.83 an issue! If the world of entertainment is more your style then you might want to pick up Entertainment Weekly for only $38.95 (or 2 years for $60) a year which comes out to $0.68 an issue. This is a steal for a magazine that comes out every week as opposed to every month. I may have to get this one for my Sweetie because he's always trying to read a friend's copy at work.

If none of these sound appealing to you, take a gander at the complete selection that Amazon.com has to offer. I don't know if I've mentioned it here before or not, but I personally think that a magazine subscription is a great gift idea. I like to buy the current issue and then wrap it up with a note telling the lucky recipient that they'll be receiving it in their mail box for the next year. Happy Reading!

2 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great gift idea! My mom, sister and girlfriends would all love a subscription to something like Cosmo or MC. Grat idea. Thanks for posting.

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thnx. I picked up marie claire and entertainment weekly. I've wanted ew for awhile, but the price is usually so expensive that i always pass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home