Makeup Fashion Style

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Elle August Cover

I meant to mention this a few weeks ago, but big suprise, I forgot! The last time I was at the grocery store I had quite a chuckle as I waited in line to pay. I couldn't believe the people at Elle Magazine could honestly expect us to think that the cover picture of Mariah Carey is real! I know that Mariah is often air brushed in magazines, but come on, this has to be one of the worse ones I've seen in awhile. I thought her Allure cover a few months ago was bad, but that one just featured airbrushing of her face. What makes me laugh even more is her pose. It's like her hands are placing her head on this fake body.

It's funny because in the recent years there has been more of a push to show real people and real bodies. There has been more of a realization that these things have effects on the self-esteem of young girls and the need to change that. Look at the Dove ad campaigns and Jamie Lee Curtis doing that photo shoot in her "natural" look. Even so, it doesn't seem that this move has fazed beauty magazines...not that I really expected it to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home