Makeup Fashion Style

Thursday, January 31, 2008

MAC Studio Mist Foundation

I know that I am considerably lucky to have the skin that I do. Although I do have the occassional breakout and/or blemish (usually around that time of the month), I am fortunate enough to have generally very clear skin. Please don't hate me! I feel for those of you who aren't so lucky and seem to have breakouts more frequently now than during puberty. My Sweetie is one of those people.

Anyhoo, imagine my suprise when on January 2nd a zit the size of a dime and as red as a pomegranate popped up right in the middle of my cheek! Being as this is something I do not usually have to deal with, I was a little taken aback and unsure of what exactly to do. My normal concealer (Benefit's Bo-ing) and the foundations that I tend to use (Bare Escentuals) weren't really doing a great job of hiding that sucker. I was hoping that the zit would clear up after 2 or 3 days like mine normally do...boy was I wrong. Let me just tell you, today, January 31st (yes, a month after it first appeared) there is actually still a remnant of the sucker left.

So, after a week of trying to cover this baby, I was getting desperate. I began to search through a storage container of make-up products I had thrown in my linen closet. Mostly products that I had stocked up on or purchased because I just had to have it, but of course had not found time to use it (come on, we've all been there). It's a good thing I did this because I found the answer to my prayers at the bottom of that container. Meet MAC Studio Mist Foundation.

I first read about Studio Mist sometime this summer in some magazine. It was a glowing review about what flawless coverage it provided while still feeling and looking sheer. It sounded like something I wanted to try and so when I was at the Aurora Outlet Mall at the Cosmetic Company Store I found Studio Mist for $10 less than what it costs at the department stores so of course I got it. Being as I like to let my face breathe, I don't wear foundation everyday. Thus, Studio Mist was thrown into the make-up pit in my linen closet one day as I hurried to tidy up the bathroom before company came over. Now that I have tried it, I'm sorry that I waited so long to.

At first, I wasn't sure how to use Studio Mist. As I shook the can, the sound reminded me of the shaking of a can of spray paint. Was I supposed to spray the contents directly on my face? Maybe my finger tips? How about a sponge? Yes, MAC, a little direction on the box or bottle would have been nice. Now that I've looked at MAC.com I find that the directions state to spray it on your hand or palette and then use a brush or sponge. The first time I used Studio Mist I actually sprayed it right on my face and have to say it worked just fine. I did smooth out some areas with my finger tips but it looked fabulous. I have since tried spraying on my hand as well as spraying it on a brush. When I sprayed it on my hand first, the coverage was much sheerer, but still very nice. There was more full coverage by spraying it directly on my face or on the brush.

Let me just tell you, Studio Mist covered my nasty little, no, huge zit perfectly. I can not believe how it covered the redness...especially because this was no ordinary red. It was redder than the Red Planet. Absolutely horrible. So, if you're looking for something with more coverage, without looking like you've got 10 pounds of caked on make-up, try Studio Mist. Hopefuly it will help you out like it did for me. And if you can get it at the Cosmetic Company Store for under $2o then that's even better!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home