Makeup Fashion Style

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Smashbox On The Waterfront Kit Review

It's finally time for my review of Smashbox On The Waterfront. I know it's taken me awhile, but I wanted to try this product out enough to give it a full and fair review. As I told you before the kit contains a #4 mini-brush and a lip gloss pot in Melt, a skin tint stick in Heat, a sheer watermelon shade, and a Limitless Lid Shadow in Hermosa, a shimmery rose shade and was available for only $24.38.

Let me just tell you, the best part of this kit was the #4 mini-brush and the eye shadow. I knew that these were outstanding products because I have a #4 brush and a few different shades of the Limitless Lid Shadow. As the kit promised, the shadow is definately waterproof and crease-free. I was, however, extremely disappointed with the skin tint stick and the lip gloss pot.

First off, the lip gloss pot. It had to be one of the nastier ones I have tried as of lately. It tasted so waxy and was not very spreadable. I felt like I took a crayon and wiped it on my lips. Horrible. On top of it, although it was a very nice watermelon shade in the pot, once it was applied to my lips there was no color at all. There wasn't even any shine. I couldn't tell you if it was crease-free because since I couldn't see it on my lips I wouldn't be able to see if there were creases.

Second, the skin tint stick. This one also had a heavy, waxy feeling to it. Now a days, women are looking for light make-up that goes on creamy and makes you feel like you're wearing nothing. So not the case here. I felt like I was wearing clown make-up. It was sooooo heavy. And while there was some color on my cheeks, I don't think it was enough. To say that there was a hint of color would be too generous. Finally, this product was not water proof. I wore it out on a warm day and just a little sweat caused the color to disappear.

Overall, I was very disappointed with this kit. I was very surprised that this was a Smashbox kit as I am usually a fan on their products. At least I only paid $24 dollars for it I guess.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home