Makeup Fashion Style

Friday, February 01, 2008

Rubber Rain Boots

How do you guys feel about rubber rain boots? About 2 years ago or so, Coach came out with a collection of rubber rain boots that I thought were kind of cute, but couldn't imagine wearing them out and about. I mean come on, I was living in downtown Chicago at the time, not the marshlands of the south. With the exception of one girl that I go to school with (who, by the way is one of those people who come from money and likes to flaunt everything), I never saw anyone wearing the Coach rain boots so it seemed that most people (at least in Chicago) had the same mind set I did.

Fast forward two years...A few weeks ago a friend and I were on our lunch break and as we waited to cross State Street we see a woman wearing rubber boots. Only they weren't Coach rubber boots nor were they Payless rubber boots. Nope, these babies were by Rubbermaid. That's right, bright yellow Rubbermaid boots that a janitor would wear while cleaning up a toilet that has overflowed. So as my friend and I tried to contain our laughter we got to talking about rubber boots. Is it a fashion statement you would want to make?

I'm still on the fence about these. After all of the snow fall we've had in the Chicagoland area this winter, it has made realize the functionality of these types of boots. Specifically, since we now have a house and a driveway that needs to be shoveled when it snows it makes me want to have a pair of these to wear while shoveling. My gym shoes keep getting soaked as do my jeans. A cute pair of rubber boots would solve this problem. But would I wear them around town? Maybe if I got a pair of sleek black ones or even a black pair with cute white polka dots, that might not be so bad. Oh what to do, what to do.

Endless.com has got a bunch of really cute rubber rain boots. With the negative $5 shipping, I was thinking of picking up a pair. The dilema I'm facing is whether I should get something really crazy and fun that would make me only wear them around the house when I'm shoveling or having to walk through my muddy back yard because it isn't sodded yet. Or whether I should pick out something that can also be used for around the town stuff. As far as the crazy pair goes, I really love this pair of Western Chief Ladybug Rain Boots. They also have a cute frog pair. Needless to say, I don't think I would be wearing these on the streets of downtown Chicago. On the other end of the spectrum, I think this pair of Chooka Seaside Dots Boots. These seem more appropriate for wearing around town.

So what do you guys think? Right now, I'm really leaning towards the Ladybug Boots just because I think they are really fun and I really don't think that I will ever be wearing any type of rubber boot around town. If there is some type of natural disaster wear I do need to wear boots, I really don't think I will even care what kind they are! Post some comments and let me know that your opinion is.

Also, if you're looking for rain boots, Endless.com is having a sale. Besides the negative $5 overnight shipping, they are giving you $20 off rain wear purchases of $80 or more. They've got rain gear for men, women, and children. Some of the children's wear is just too cute. The jackets and hats are adorable.


FREE Overnight Shipping from Endless.com

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go with the ladybugs. Theyre so cute. I think I might get the frog ones.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Lush Laundry said...

Those boots are great for shoveling. I have rubber boots for that purpose but I wouldn't wear them out. Go for the ladybugs.

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may not realize it, but rain boots are indeed one HOT fashion accessory! They have been burning up the streets in places like New York and San Francisco for at least two years or so...I currently own eighteen pairs! I wear them practically everywhere, rain or shine--and I get tons of fantastic comments. (Personally, I think rain boots are especially cute when paired with a shorter jean skirt!)At any rate, rain boots aren't just for the rain or snow. They're a way cool fashion accessory! Go for it and enjoy yaouself...I know I will!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home